Monday, December 28, 2020

Live in a Bubble? Get a Life

critical thinking
I was driving the old truck today so when trad jazz started coming out of my radio speakers, it was find another station or listen to the tire noise. I chose option one, ending up on an FM station broadcasting something I later learned was called "The Tony Katz Show." I was bored and the guy subbing for Katz had just started babbling about what he gave the kids for Christmas (he apparently bought them hoverboards), so I let it keep on playing: it was that, Country and Western, or Christian radio. 

I never caught his name, but this putz started telling of how he had learned of the Nashville bombing Christmas morning because he got an alert on his phone. It was only 'cause he's from Memphis and has lots of friends in Tennessee, however: according to him, most other people had no idea it had happened. His producer even claimed that he hadn't heard anything about it until Sunday, two days later.

Of course, you know why: the liberal mainstream media didn't tell people about it. Bad media, bad media.

I'm not the most connected guy. I rarely watch television news, I'm not glued to a Facebook news feed 24/7, I don't listen to AM talk radio (like the Tony Katz Show). But I knew about that bombing within an hour after it happened (about 6:30 AM, EST), and it wasn't from watching Fox News. Yet here's a bloviating jackass telling me that people who depend on "mainstream media" didn't learn about it for days.

Man, some morons will say anything. Worse, a lot more people will believe anything!

copyright © 2020 scmrak

No comments:

Post a Comment